Simple Injection Questions

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 22 02:29:07 GMT 1999

| Bruce Plecan wrote:snip
| > thi
| Ok, what about putting the flow or pressure sensors on the intake of the
| airbox.  Wouldn't that be effective in averaging out the flow?Beez

Only if the air box was restictive enough to have a pressure drop at idle.
But, that would have to be limiting WOT air flow.
I'd really look to keep this very simple.  You can always engineer more into
it.  But, to do alot of engineering, and then bypass alot of it seems like a
shame, IMHO.
Work on the air temp and barometic corrections for the transistions, and
steady state conditions, then use a basic strategy, ie Alpha-N.  Use a EGT
for WOT, or a Wide Band O2 for monitoring AFR.  Closed loop only if/when ya
run out of other things to do.  If you go thru the archives looking for
tables, and maps you'll see you have enough of a chalenge.
Grumpy