NTK UEGO response

Gar Willis garfield at cyberlynk.com
Tue May 25 13:56:16 GMT 1999

On Mon, 24 May 1999 20:53:22 -0700, Christopher J Beasley
<chris_beasley at mindspring.com> wrote:

>So can I assume that the Honda sensor being referred to is a true wide band O2
>sensor?

Ah yup. The sensor YOU will buy from Honda, will be the one we've posted about
here previously, which is a 5-wire current pump type made by NTK for Honda.

>And that the "modules" are the associated electronice?

Ah yup. But ONLY the associated electonics to interface the sensor to YOUR
additional electronics, be it engine manager or AFR meter/logger or whatever.

>And that a "meter" would be an associated display?

If it's YOUR meter that you're building, there will certainly be more
electronics involved than simply a "display". What that electronics needs to be
will be in the separately licenseable PLANS, if you're not up to the task of
designing one of your own. If OTOH you're refering to EGOR-the-meter, the fully
assembled commercial product, the "Precision AFR Meter", then there will be
CONSIDERABLY more electronics involved in the "meter", than simply a display.

>Will there be a group buy in the offing?

Nope. The modules will be aggressively priced down to the point where there will
be no room for further discounting. Besides, they will be personalized to the
buyer, so that distributing them in lots to one group buyer will also not be
possible. I believe the same is gonna be true on the meters. They too will be
personalized. The company that makes them will also handle distribution and
sales. They're 'galactic', so they'll handle everything. B)

Gar