Bosch D-Jetronic

James Thomas jtvol at dcs-chico.com
Wed May 26 01:05:29 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BEA6D9.20C75140

Here is a good one for you guys.  I own a Volvo Specialty Service in =
California.  I am 50 years old and an old SCCA racer (used to race in =
E-Production in a '58 Porsche Speedster in the 1970's).  I am completing =
a new project for SCCA racing, a 1971 Volvo 142 to compete in ITB.  =
Pretty much got all the tricks down.  This car is brand new from the =
ground up (every nut, bolt and molecule).  Got all the latest trick =
ideas from my other Volvo ITB racers that I have been helping for the =
last few years.  I am planning this one to be a world beater ( if I can =
still drive ).  Here is the question...I am having a problem finding a =
schematic of the D-Jetronic control unit (MPC) so I can adjust the fuel =
mixture in different ranges.  I don't want to mess with the head temp =
sensor resistance as it seems to mess up the injection timing, got to =
work on the inside.  Haven't gotten much from Bosch.  Need some =
engineering brains who might have some thoughts on modifying the innards =
of this unit.
Any thoughts out there?
James Thomas
James Thomas Independent Volvo Service

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BEA6D9.20C75140

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Here is a good one for you guys.&nbsp; =
I own a=20
Volvo Specialty Service in California.&nbsp; I am 50 years old and an =
old SCCA=20
racer (used to race in E-Production in a '58 Porsche Speedster in the=20
1970's).&nbsp; I am completing a new project for SCCA racing, a 1971 =
Volvo 142=20
to compete in ITB.&nbsp; Pretty much got all the tricks down.&nbsp; This =
car is=20
brand new from the ground up (every nut, bolt and molecule).&nbsp; Got =
all the=20
latest trick&nbsp;ideas from my other Volvo ITB racers that I have been =
helping=20
for the last few years.&nbsp; I am planning this one to be a world =
beater ( if I=20
can still drive ).&nbsp; Here is the question...I am having a problem =
finding a=20
schematic of&nbsp;the D-Jetronic control unit (MPC) so I can adjust the =
fuel=20
mixture in different ranges.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't want to mess with the =
head temp=20
sensor resistance&nbsp;as it seems to mess up the injection timing, got =
to work=20
on the inside.  Haven't gotten much from Bosch.&nbsp; Need some =
engineering=20
brains who might have some thoughts on modifying the innards of this=20
unit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Any thoughts out there?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">James Thomas</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">James Thomas Independent Volvo=20
Service</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BEA6D9.20C75140--