Ignition retard knock sensor.

Daniel Houlton houlster at user2.inficad.com
Wed May 26 01:43:28 GMT 1999

C. Brooks wrote:

> Has the engine always knocked, or did it begin recently?
>
> Charles Brooks

Nope.  Mysteriously, it started after I added the turbo :)  I have other
things I need to fix like getting an intercooler installed and getting a
cold air induction system set up that will help a lot, but I don't know
how long that'll take me and I'm still concerned that it won't eliminate
the knock.

I've set the timing back to stock from having it advanced a bit pre-
turbo and that helped.  Also, I'm running water injection but want to
eliminate that as well.  I recently made a round trip of about 9 hours
each way (a few days apart).  Loaded down with a roof rack, camping
supplies, tools and spare parts (and a dog) and I was running a constant 5
psi of boost at 65 - 70 mph and 8 psi on the big hills.  Water tank ran
dry in the first 30 - 45 minutes.

Knock isn't so bad on premium, but I'd like to run mid (or even low)
octane fuel without a problem.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm