Ignition retard knock sensor.

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com
Wed May 26 17:02:25 GMT 1999

Todd....!! wrote:

> That does seem a bit odd to have that much boost while not under accel.
>
> I believe my 91 Eclipse Turbo 5-speed is runnin a negative pressure on
> the gauge at those hiway speeds... Have never found the top end on the

Yeah, but that's an Eclipse.  I kinda explained this in another message,
but when I'm not loaded down, I'm at vacuum while cruising at 65 as well.
Add the roof rack and put stuff in it and it makes my aerodynamic brick
seem more like an aerodynamic barn door.  Throw a few hundred pounds in
back and I'm rapidly approaching 5000 lbs and barn (not just barn door)
status.

Also, at 5 lbs of boost, my little engine is still only putting out
probably about 155 hp at the flywheel (120 stock).  Plus, I'm sure I
have a *bit* more in drive train losses than an Eclipse does.  Pushing
a 5000 lb barn door at 65 mph takes considerably more hp than does a
slippery little sports car.

> thing, I had to let off at 135, due to lack of cahones n all...  Teh

:)  I think about 85 is the highest I'll ever try and see in my truck.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm