[ now] MOPAR

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Thu May 27 03:23:54 GMT 1999

Who all is playing with these MOPAR logic modules?   It may be possible to eliminate alot of duplication in decoding this stuff.

Chad

Scot Sealander wrote:

> Ron Gregory wrote:
>

> They are 2764 PROMs (8kx8).  This ECM has one that says "FED" on one, and "5226263" and "5226611" on the other.  One number is the same as the ECM PN.

Yep, the FED one has the CAL at the beginning.  The other dosn't even need to be pulled.  From the few I have looked at, the lower chip ( Z22) is the same
for all the 85's, even for the 4452118 MP version.It isn't too difficult to build a device to suck the program out of the board ( both chips) without
desoldering ANYTHING.  Take a muxed HC11, connect it properly, short the proper wires,  ... run a monitor   - very simple, and less than 2 minutes per
board.

> The code is pretty well worked out.  They do not use interpolated tables like GM,
> so it is much more difficult to modify. That is, you really have to understand the
> code to modify this stuff.  (No searching for tables!)  The "tables" (if you want to call
> them that), are really variables to plug into a linear equation.....

> > Do you know the function of all six wires of the diagnostic connector?

> Pink is serial comm outLt Green is serial comm in
> Dk Blue-yellow is Auto shutdown (No idea what that means...)
> Lt Blue-Red is Ground
> Drk Blue is power
> Black is ground
>
> > How 'bout all the wires that run between the Power
> > Module and the Logic Module?
>
> Later...
>
> > What is the format of the dignostic data stream?  I'd like to be able to
> > read it without dropping a ton of money on a scan tool.No idea yet.  Appears to be wired for full duplex though.  Still working on it.

It CAN do bidirectional BUT it isn't interrupt driven, it just looks at the Rx line occasionally. I havn't played with this MUCH but you can have it send
the error codes by echoing the right byte at startup.  It also should send the data at the address you send it.   - send it 0x58 while running and it will
send you the value there, the error code reset counter.  This can ONLY be a 8 bit address. The ram is located from 0x40 to 0xff on these.  it talks at 976
baud initially and can be kicked up to 7812 by sending the right code ( 0x12) while in 976 baud mode..