EGT gauge (was: Re: Ignition retard knock sensor.)

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com
Thu May 27 16:21:19 GMT 1999

Brian Hartman wrote:

> Well the best place to put EGT Pyrometers is about 1" from the exhaust port.
> Make sure that you have all your Pyrometer probes angled the same.  Weld the
> bungs so that they are vertical so that none of the tips are closer to the

What about on a cast manifold?  Can I just drill and tap it?  Some of the
probes I've seen are a clamp on type that won't work for my manifold.
I'll need a screw in type of some sort.  Is there any risk the probe (or
a brass plug) cracking the manifold from the hole?

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm