alternative engines, now Hemi

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Fri May 28 15:41:55 GMT 1999

OUCH!

Well Fred,

There may be more 400's BB Mopes than 440's in certain junkyards...

Which would you prefer?

I may get a 400 with my 401K money I'm about to get back...

The head of a Mopar weigh abotu 67 lbs each, without spark plugs, with
everything else...except valve covers...

That's about 134 lbs. just in the heads, the short block weighs what at
least 200 lbs.

Will have to weigh my lil 383 short block, or maybe my buddy's 440 short
block in his 70 tubbed Cuda.  This Cuda's just sittin in my garage with
the 440 6-pak short block sittin in the engine bay with no trans or
heads!  It has the motor mounts connected and the back of the engine's
just sittin on the steering linkage, I believe! OUCH!

Anyone know how much a 440 short blockeven weighs?  More than a s.b.
chev, less than a 460 ford? maybe?

Later!

Todd....!!