alternative engines, now Hemi

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri May 28 21:57:46 GMT 1999

> have to weigh the sucker!  How much ya think, just for the block alone?

Wild stab, 300-350 lbs.

> It's good that you modified a B block intake, that means your goin with
> the 451, ey?

431, but yes, check out http://xephic.dynip.com/dodge/dodge.html and off
the menu thingys on the left you will find "EFI COnversion" and you can
see what I brazed together.  Plenum pictures aren't there yet, but the
injector bungs are.  Also, the fuel rails are done, but I have to take
pictures also.

> Go to http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/451/ and view what a dude who's

Bookmakred... going later!

> The main journal size may not be afactor, especially if ya just align
> bore the mains in the block instead of cut the mains down on the crank!
> Like Keith black does with most of his high dollar strokers....

line boring eliminates misaligned bores... whole purpose of this
process.  Turning down the 440 crank to a 383 or 400 engine is not a big
deal, and you have the same crank strength as the 383/400 crank assuming
both are cast, or both are forged, or both are steel.  Gotta compare
apples to apples :)