Turbo'd s.b. chev...in a 69 Camaro? maybe?

soren soren at rio.com
Fri May 28 22:11:18 GMT 1999

---
>Matter of fact, I wonder if ANY big car manufacturer even offers any
>cars which are turbo equipped without an intercooler?
>
>Anyone?

    Probably not right now, but recently (recent in the timeline of
automotive technology, I think mostly the 1980s) Chrysler, Mitsubishi,
Subaru, Buick, are the ones I have personally seen that have no stock
intercooler.  And they did know about intercoolers then, evidently those
particular models didn't require them.  I suppose that the masses who are
used to naturally aspirated performance might rather have a low-boost,
low-lag system where the turbo pushes air through about one foot of intake
piping instead of 6 ft.

Soren