software changes

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sat May 29 02:07:55 GMT 1999

Good to see you there on the list Bruce!
Have you accepted to do the surgery?
Then go for it, dont worry ,it wount help you ....To worry is like
shooting yourself in the back of your head , a guy running a dyno told me
...I was worrying about if the engine would blow apart.The engine screeming
in the other room, glowing reed, terrifying.....whosh  the coolant boiled,
Is the engine a wreck....no its ok...puuuhhhhh.  You just have to accept
whats coming if you have decided...(easy for me to say....)
Not easy to do software changes in the human brain.........:-)

> MAF, or MAP?
> What car?.
> What ecm?.
> Generally would be easier to switch ecms for one that is a turbo
> application.
> If MAF them doing a MAF change, and recalibration might be possible in
> theory.
> If MAP can be crudely done, if a haced ecm.
> Grumpy
Its just a minds game...how is it done to make new features in an ECUs
program?
Do you have to know what type of language its written in?
Have to know how to program offcurse.......
if I wanted to make a table for filtering the map signal for different
points in
the working aria.
but its maybe there allready?
Espen