Dual fuel PFI rails....

ntisdale ntisdale at voyager.net
Sat May 29 19:36:05 GMT 1999

Was just thinking a dual fuel setup, via various methods.  Dual injectors
would be ideal, but would be a lot of work which I'm not equipped to do
(maybe now's the time to learn....).  Proposed vehicle is 4.3l Syclone.

What would be the expected result of having a small-bore fuel rail for port
injectors, maybe 1/4" I.D. or so?  Idea being, that a switch in input fuels
would reach the last injector in the line as fast as possible.  Would the
flow rate be adequate for correct injector operation?  Another thought I
had was a dual rail feeding a common injector(s); if designed properly,
would be minimal residual fuel for the higher-octane stuff to flush out
when hi octane circuit was activated.

I'm sure there's been some discussion of this topic; the advantages of
running on lower than optimal octane fuel when higher octane is not needed
(i.e., no boost) is just too attractive.

What do you folks think?  Many thanks for any feedback.

Sincerely, Barry