Some new, some old

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun May 30 23:31:14 GMT 1999

Roger Heflin wrote:

> I have a question.
>
> If I wanted a copy of the updated prom what would I have to do?   If I
> asked for the PROM and broadcast code would that get me the latest
> one?  I do now that whien I had someone else tune my car originally
> (about 1.5 years ago) he did go and get the prom with the same
> broadcast code from a dealer.  So would that prom have had all of the
> fixes from 1.5 years ago?
>
>                         Roger

Copy of newest prom....
My experiences have been that the service department has the quickest
route to the latest prom part numbers.  They can use your application
or the BCC to find it.  F-bodies appear to be linked to tire size.
I've only seen a few other cars that list tire sizes in the prom
description.  The quality of the info you recieve depends on the guy
running the software at the dealership.  You can then take the part no
to the parts dept.

>From the parts angle, sometimes your BCC will yield a clear cut
replacement, sometimes it will show a good
number, sometimes it will be replaced by several choices which aren't
clearly for your car.  Juz depends.
What's your BCC?  If nothing new has been offered since 98, I can find
out if it's the latest vers. and give you a part no.
Shannen