g meter

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 31 23:18:05 GMT 1999

> > Circuit Cellar Inc. #107 june 99 has good article on the
> > ADXL202 +-2 g accellerometer with 0.001 g resolution
> > Even sensitive to going up and down hills (0.016 g per degree)
> > Complete boards avaliable under $30 from Jameco
> > and Crossbow.
> > alex
>
> Alex -- I've been around the jameco site and can't find the boards you
> mention.  Do you happen to have a Jameco part number?  Or an address for
> crossbow?
>
> I got started breadboarding one of these up, even bought a PIC
> programmer, and a couple ADXL05 parts, but haven't had time to follow
> up.

In Jameco catalog it is on page 84 of May-July cat. #992
part# 141591prod.# CXL04M1 one axis for only $99.99
or a 3 axis for $199.95 helpful for cornering or recording motocross
jumps.  Note these are made by a Crossbow.  documents at
ftp://ftp.jameco.com
Also a optional interface card for $259.95 #141583
The CCI article said they shot a  entry level Crossbow 202EB for $29
on a 5 pin header 0.1" DIP with choice of resistors and caps.
Also a 6 degree fiber optic gyro available if you loose your arrows.
http://www.xbow.com
Microsoft is using the ADXL202 in the Freestyle Pro game controller
which senses body motion.  I'm sure uses Dierect-X code so you
could  convert to HP meter and  play body games too.
Alex