Accel DFI hookup

Clint S. clintsven at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 8 22:24:32 GMT 1999

I own an 81 Nissan 280zx L28ET turbo motor inline 6 .
I am buying a used Accel DFI system that was hooked up to a chev V8 . The
Nissan motor came with a factory crank angle sensor, it has two types of
teeth main set of teeth every 20 degrees and 3 big ones at 120 degrees .
There is an inductive pickup mounted on this sensor with 3 magnets ..
1) Can this crank trigger be used on the Accel DFI?

A guy runs same system but with a normal 280zx distributor for sensing
igntion timing
2) Is there some sort of inductive pickup used in the distributor ?

Someone else is trying to use Accel DFI with same motor only he is trying to
hook up GM coilpacks to fire the plugs .
3) What is involved in making DFI fire coilpacks, is there a wiring diagram
available for this .

I am buying a Calmap software package will this include a pinout diagram out
the Accel ECU nothing is marked on the used system I bought .

If you have any suggestion or know any webpages that would help me get
started it would be appreciated .