Motronic 4.1 newbie---dumb move

Derek Kaznoski sweetpea1998 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:46:20 GMT 1999

OK, the saga continues.  I've been trying to troubleshoot my idle problem
and I was really getting close to a solution thanks to all of the input I've
received from the list.

HOWEVER, during troubleshooting, I forgot to reconnect one of the injector
leads (as well as the temp sensor lead) and I started the engine (with some
obvious difficulty) several times (I know, I'm a ham-fisted bonehead).
Obviously it had some severe missing, then rushed way up the rpm scale, then
backfired and quit (again, several times).  I finally found the leads and
reconnected them.  However, restarting the engine produced similar results,
and it sounded really strange. It will start with difficulty, but won't run
at all.

Was this a fatal error?  What can I do or look for to figure this out?  I'm
pretty close to giving up at this point and having the car towed to the
repair shop, where I'm sure I'll receive an unrelenting and severe financial
spanking (which I may well deserve).

Obviously, any input will help!  Also, can anyone recommend a good shrink?
I think I may have some inadequacy and guilt issues to deal with in the near
future.

Thanks,
Derek Kaznoski
'90 Alfa Spider