TRD Supercharger

Ed.Wong at astrapharmaceuticals.com Ed.Wong at astrapharmaceuticals.com
Mon Nov 22 20:40:33 GMT 1999

This assumes a fuel rail pressure of 60-65psi.  Is this correct?
<<

It was my understanding that EFI pressure ratios were
lower - like closer to 45psi. I may be wrong as I am more familiar
with the 22RE than the later V6 engines.

2) Is there a way to determine when airflow will exceed the MAF and ECU's
ability to maintain the proper A/F mixture at stock fuel pressure?  I would like
to have some idea when (RPM @WOT) to begin boosting fuel pressure prior to
installing the supercharger.
<<

Im curious if the later EFI systems still use the Vf trim signal.
If so - this will give you a real close look at what the OEM EFI
thinks is going on and how much adjustment is still avail (or
NOT avail as the case may be).
See if there is a connector marked "Vf" in the check
connector box next tothe fuse box in the engine compartment

3)  Is there a simple way to increase fuel pressure based on boost pressure and
engine rpm?  I would like to avoid running overly rich, due to increasing fuel
pressure based strictly on boost, while still within the MAF control range.
<<

I think there is a "Kenne Bell" "Boost a Pump" device that does this.
Most people on this list appear to want to build their own decives
from chips though.

I guess if I'm really lucky, one of the list's readers will have installed and
"dialed in" one of these TRD superchargers.
<<

Check out the 4Runner Webring. There was at least one site that
had a TRD "dial in" description.
Try starting at the bottom of this page -
fascianting Toyota stuff
There is a 4Runner specific ring but I cant find it right now

Ewong
TIA,

Bob Wimmer