rec.diy.efi

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Mon Nov 22 22:26:25 GMT 1999

I still think usenet sucks, but if we had our own private news server it
would be trivial to have as many groups as we want, would not have to
worry about slow delivery, or lost messages (ala usenet).

The problems with usenet are not with NNTP but they are specific to a
network of servers as large and cumbersome as usenet.  I doubt spam
harvestors would even be a problem.

Netscape, Outlook express, and Unix netscape have no problem with multiple
news servers.  I have not used rn, trn or elm in a long time so I cant
speak of those.

-Eric