OT: ignition kill

Paul Tholey pxtx at erols.com
Tue Nov 23 00:17:20 GMT 1999

In a message dated 11/22/99 3:21:25 AM Mountain Standard Time,
DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu writes:

<< im adding a micro switch to mine, so when the clutch is depressed the
 ignition cuts so i dont have to lift the throttle(race only car) >>

------------------------------

<You also want to wire in parallel a switch to the throttle and have the
switch open at WOT.

Is this really needed?  I "flat shift" my street strip car all day without
any problems.  Now, I am going out on a limb here but the ol' MoPar 4
speeds shift great EXCEPT when they have worn/broke detent.

Other ideas/criticisms I have are the fact that I don't always fully
depress the clutch when "flat shifting", and I am not sure a clutch is
needed to shift with the engine killed.

I know when riding my Honda CB750, a getting off the throttle just a little
will let the next shift slide right into place.  Same goes for my 4 speed
Malibu.  Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I figured you were posting
to see others input.  Myt idea would be a micro switch setup on the shifter
itself.  I think it is still a good idea to wire it in parallel with WOT.
here.

Good Luck

Paul Tholey