Private News Server NOT:rec.efi.diy

Mark Wilcutts markw at vehicle.me.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 23 02:28:51 GMT 1999

I mis-titled my last post.  I was trying to suggest that if we set up a
news server on a private machine, not connected to Usenet, we will avoid
all of the problems of Usenet (speed, reliability, accessibility to
spammers), while getting the usability, ease of administration, and low
I/O requirements of news. By all means let's keep our list off of
Usenet...

--
Mark Wilcutts