DIY_EFI Digest V4 #605

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Wed Oct 27 13:30:01 GMT 1999

A dual plane intake is made that way  to get good intake signal to the carb,
i.e. each side of the carb gets every other intake pulse.  If you have TPI,
you don't need that balanced flow and can benefit from the more direct
single plane designs.  A high performance single plane will work well on
even a mildly tuned engine.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

> I too was pondering this...I'd think that it really wouldn't matter if the
> carb manifold was operating wet flow or dry flow...VE and Cylinder Filling
etc
> would be the same regardless...and the MPI will of course improve the fuel
distribution...

> However...in talking with Arizona Speed and Marine they suggested that a
> single plane is better suited for a dry flow intake...even with a mild
cam...
snip
> What am I missing...I would think that this new Edlebrock Performer RPM
Air