electronic trans controller

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Sat Sep 11 18:00:29 GMT 1999

I know this was an old post but someone asked about stand alone electronic
transmission controllers (in this case for the 4L60E). I am not sure how easy
it would be to make this work but the diesel truck transmission controllers
controls the 4L80E transmission. We have used this in many conversion
applications to control this very heavy duty transmission.

The controller is as follows:
16147609 GM diesel truck 1991-1993 6.5L diesel

A sample calibration is as follows
16173828BACZ?CK, 1 ton1992-1993AT6.5L D, "F"

Also, DFI/Accel had an aftermarket controller available but only a few made it
to the public before they stopped production. FelPro then came out with a
controller and I am not sure if it is still available.

Jason