Chrysler Prowler gauges (in an LS1 equipped Prowler)

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Mon Apr 3 20:06:42 GMT 2000

Does anyone have any experience working with the electronics system
architecture used by Chrysler on the newer vehicles? We have installed an
LS1 engine and Corvette rear suspension and AT transmission in a Prowler and
we are having a problem getting the engine coolant temperature gauge to work
(it only updates on key on).

We have left the Prowler body computer in the vehicle to control the dash,
rear view mirror, windows etc. but the engine and transmission are
controlled by a GM PCM. We installed Chrysler sensors for oil pressure and
engine coolant temperature (in addition to the GM sensors) and feed this
data into the Chrysler computer (like it normally would be). The oil
pressure seems to work (although it seems to update very slowly). The ECT
gauge seems to show the correct coolant temperature at key up but then does
not update as the engine warms up (if you key off and then on, the new
temperature is then displayed).

We would like to either find out what is keeping the system from updating
the dash or just change the Chrysler gauge electronics to read directly from
a standard GM sensor (not having to go through the Chrysler computer at
all).

Anyone know of a company or individual that might be able to help us out
with any of this?

Thanks,

Jason