Chrysler Prowler gauges (in an LS1 equipped Prowler)

Bob Tom tigers at bserv.com
Tue Apr 4 00:03:47 GMT 2000

At 02:28 PM 4/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience working with the electronics system
>architecture used by Chrysler on the newer vehicles? We have installed an
>LS1 engine and Corvette rear suspension and AT transmission in a Prowler and
>we are having a problem getting the engine coolant temperature gauge to work
>(it only updates on key on).

I don't know how unusual the pcm system is on the Prowler.  When D-C
redesigned the Dodge Dakota truck in '97, they completely revamped
how the dash gauges received signals from the sensors.  Prior to
'97, wiring went directly from sensor to dash pod.  In '97, sensors
sent signals to the pcm, then the pcm sent signals to another
'computer' (the Central Timer Module), then the CTM sent signals
to the gauges.  The CTM on the Dakota is located at the end of
the passenger-side dash beside the glovebox.  Maybe this will help.

The Prowler is a mish-mash of off-the-shelf parts from D-C.
Maybe there's a FSM available for it.

Bob.       Southern Ontario, Canada.
97 Dakota CC Sport,5.2L,3.55SG, auto.,4x2: best 14.917s, 90.78mph
85 Shelby Intercooled Turbo Charger,2.2L,5-spd man.
78 B100 Dodge van, '69 340-4bbl
70 Challenger,383-4bbl,slap-stik auto.,3.23SG,hemi orange,46,700 orig.mi.