C/L WB/WOT OEM ECUs...

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 7 23:25:55 GMT 2000

> OK, great, this is good news. The above case is real, tho. The FelPro
> system has all three of the above.

I'll admit to not having total recall, but I don't remember thedemo software
showing that, at least as a tuning feature.

> >Well, in general, there are a number of those, ie time after restart,
CTS,
> >lots of defaults from sensor failures, etc..  I wouldn't want to disable
all
> >of those features, or you get a very dumb ecm, and that's what we're
trying
> >to avoid in large part.
> Right, I agree; we just have to cover enough of them so we can keep C/L
> during the 'important' times. Let the ECU still go to O/L during all
> those "special" circumstances and cases; that's very desirable.
> >I think your overthinking this, to a slight degree.
> Yup, I was hoping so; I was trying to err on the side of pessimism, and
> see if it got better from there. Sounds like it indeed does. Great.
> >If we don't allow a PE
> >mode by clipping the TPS value, there will be no PE.

> Understood. This seems much more tractable since it sounds like for the
> GM ECMs, this is the only "hole" to plug. Sounds good. Just wish there
> was a flag/column in some table for the TPS, that could be set to
> disable PE without intercepting the sensor itself. But I ain't
> complainin; this sounds doable so far.

Yes, that can be done code wise, but I was offering an alternative for those
without hac'd ecm applications, and those that don't care to don't wan to do
much prom editing.

> >Yes, for the hac'd ecms.
> As you well know, I'm hoping just such a scheme can be tried
> successfully *especially* on the GM ECMs, given their wide availability,
> their relative ease of use, and knowledge base already out there. Can't
> wait to get someOdem lil EGOR-modules out there and have a go at it.

Course this is all theory till we get things up and running <<<GG>>>....
Just need to get a EGOR to use forra while
Grumpy