Valve seats

Tom Parker parkert at ihug.co.nz
Sat Apr 8 13:04:39 GMT 2000

Ade + Lamb Chop <alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

>Go along to your local machinist and ask how much it would cost to get hard
>valve seats fitted you only need the exhaust seats done. I was quoted about
>20ukp per seat. If you are running CR too high for 95ron UL then will need
>to run super UL or LRP as they both have almost the same Ron but LRP is
>cheaper and a lot more available.

However you must be aware the hardened valve seats are not completely
reliable. They can and sometimes do fall out. It is probable that
you will loose the head, piston, maybe the block, or worse the crank and
gearbox (as happened to one person's 1071S mini in New Zealand).

Use a good machinist.

Tom Parker - parkert at ihug.co.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/