MAF sensor impedance

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Sat Apr 8 15:24:13 GMT 2000

At 10:25 AM 8/4/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Well,
>Not sure what the Impedance is, but it's a voltage from approximately 0.1V
>at low flow (idle) to ~4.8V at full flow

If you are worried about loading it with whatever circuit you are driving,
then just feed it into an opamp in unity gain mode - that has at least
a 1meg input impedance. Given the type of cables used for MAPs I would
very much doubt they have any more then 10K output impedance, an opamp
will buffer the output quite a bit - use an LM747 or equivalent...

Rgds

Mike