C/L WB/WOT OEM ECUs...

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sat Apr 8 19:59:33 GMT 2000

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:56:24 -0400, "nacelp" <nacelp at bright.net> wrote:

>> >All I see there is Accleration Enrichment.  I may be spacing it, but just
>> >done't see it
>> Right, that's what I was referring to. Are you saying those don't imply
>> O/L?
>
>They have nothing to do with O/L  C/L, think of that as just an acclerator
>pump, and little squirt of gas to cover sudden throttle movements.

OK, this is *good*. If you're saying that such AE transients don't cause
a mode switch, but just do a temporary blast of enrichment, and let
whatever mode the controller is in roll on ahead, that's great. That
means these same enrichments would occur even if we're in our new "C/L
precision rich AFR" mode during high TPS. If there is further
rateOchange AE on the TPS because we went from say high TPS to full WOT,
then we still get this further enrichment transient, and then settle
back down to our C/L commanded AFR again. That's even better than I had
hoped. Moto bene.

Gar