C/L WB/WOT OEM ECUs...

Doug Dayson djdayson at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 9 01:30:31 GMT 2000

Thoroughly appreciating this thread everyone but here's a Newbie's question...

Is WB O2 closed loop control at WOT actually safe?

I was just thinking that any fouling and/or other malfunction of the O2 sensor
etc could result in you going way lean under load with catastrophic results...

I'm thinking that you would need to have a "WOT Limp To The Finish Line" mode
so perhaps you shouldn't disable the open loop stuff...rather have it take
over if WB O2 output falls out of a pre-determined range for WOT or something
like that...

What say you knowledgeable folks?

Doug