C/L WB/WOT OEM ECUs...

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sun Apr 9 16:57:33 GMT 2000

On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:41:50 -0700, Carl Summers <InTech at writeme.com>
wrote:

>...I love what we are talking about for UEGO closed loop
>control, but can't see it happening without rewriting the code(what I change
>above is lookup tables :<)

Hey, no problem dood. That's what the brainstorming is for; not only to
find a way if one is possible, but also to discover dead-ends and prune
them off before wasting time following them into futility.

We certainly are assuming alot from this poor lil bang-bang controller
that in normal everyday life was only required in C/L to make fairly
small fueling changes to maintain real stoich. Now we're talkin bout
jerking him all over the place, telling him "oh man, you are WAY lean,
richen up dood", and asking him to make relatively large fueling changes
and hoping he can keep up. I have my doubts too about his speed and
slew-rate limitations. Even with small fuel adjustments to maintain
stoich, the rate at which he crosses stoich is no small clue about how
speedy he might be (or is it just the vanilla O2 sensor that's slow :).

>...Walter.....any ideas???
>-Carl Summers

Yeah, where IS Walter when we need him? Yoohoo, oh Walt...

Gar