Digital Speedometer

the Fredericks fredericksk at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 11 22:57:26 GMT 2000

This brings up something I've got in the back of my head...someone gave me
the complete instrument cluster from a 99 Corvette.  It includes speedo,
tach, water temp, oil pressure, etc.  I'd LOVE to be able to use it in my 72
Corvette.  Does anyone have schematics on the interface to this cluster?
The gauges are analog, are they analog inputs or converted from digital
signals from the DIC or whatever?  I could build a 68HC11 or PIC setup to
drive it if it's digital.  I haven't really gotten down to a dealer to ask
for schematics, so I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance,
Kendall Frederick