Digital Speedometer

Rodney_L_Wiggins at keybank.com Rodney_L_Wiggins at keybank.com
Wed Apr 12 12:30:11 GMT 2000

   I'm not sure if this would help with your HUD project, but a decent bicycle
cyclocomputer can be easily adapted to automotive use.  They're cheap ~$25, and
have loads of features (avg speed, max speed, programable odometer, trip odo),
and can be programmed to any rolling circumference down to the mm for high
accuracy.  Not sure if you can use the output from one of these in your HUD
project, but I figured it might be worth considering.  I just mounted one on my
landrover to compensate for the larger tires (plus the stock spedo was stuck in
"guess mode" anyway) and it works great. They definately read over 100mph maybe
to 199.
Hope this helps,
Rod
86 944 turbo, nitrous, big turbo, etc.
69 Land Rover. blindingly slow, but very capable.