EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

93 Formula red93formula at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:02:31 GMT 2000

>From: Roger Heflin  <rah at horizon.hit.net>
>
>You are leaving the memcal cap off while you are erasing it right?

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean I should pull the chip out
of the memcal?  I thought it was soldered in there. I just pulled the blue
cover, took off the sticker and lined up the window of the chip with the
second (bigger) hole in the blue light datarase eraser. It seems that when I
put it back in the pocket programmer that there are lot of 00s but there are
also other random seeminly numbers listed as I do the Blank Check option.
The program says its looking for "FF"'s but there isnt a single FF anywhere.
Maybe I have the program set for the wrong type of chip. It seems like this
thing should have been erased HOURS ago. Its starting to feel like I'm
rebuilding a transmission here. LOL. It only sits about 1/4" over the light
tube, with it perpindicular to the datarase. I even tried it in parallel
with it (at a slight angle since the whole memcal wont fit)
I'm starting to get a bad feeling that I just destroyed a brand new eprom
beyond repair and I wont be able to reprogram it. Then, if I try the same
thing on my other (original eprom), I could be out being to use the car at
all. That would suck big time. I take it that if I just try to dump the code
file to the chip as is, it wont work worth diddly, or is that worth a shot,
and then do a file to chip compare.
Thanks for the ideas.. Keep em' coming :-)
Jeff
http://www.go.To/LilDemon