EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Apr 14 13:45:56 GMT 2000

I thought of one other thing. On one of our older erasers, the bulbs were
going bad and although they still turned on, they were dimmer than new. I am
not sure if the wavelength that erases the PROMs is visible to the human eye
or if they are just making the light visible so we can tell when the bulb is
on. You might try putting a new bulb(s) in the eraser (or test another chip
or in another eraser to isolate the problem).

Jason