Intake manifold construction

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Fri Apr 14 22:32:32 GMT 2000

The problem is that the glass/fiber reinforced manifolds are not made
with thermoset epoxy. They are made with medium to high temp
thempoplastic matrix material. Not the same thing as room temp cure
epoxy. I am not saying that it won't work per se, just that at the head
interface, you might be probing the glass transition temperature of your
easier to work with matrix material.

-Seth

By the way, tyrrell had a few a-arm failures 2 races ago in their carbon
fiber a-arms. They delaminated from heat. And they have to deal with
just conduction from the front uprights, and they have a 150+ mph forced
convection cooling.