Aftermarket ECUs. Haltech, Wolf EMS, SDS

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:57:52 GMT 2000

Huw Scourfield asked:

>What is expensive (for a typical 4 cyl non-turbo system)?

I saw the name "SDS" in the subject line, so . . .

<WWW.SDSEFI.com>

Do you want 'not much' to go on?, well, I can give you that!
A friend and neighbor owns an old Toyota truck (modified!) with factory
turbocharger (he has the usual bigger turbine, different compressor, and
stuff);  he put the SDS (Simple Digital System) unit on - and took the OEM
comuter off!  Sean likes his SDS a lot.

The cost is somewhere near 750USD, and there are options, such as direct
ignition.

I met another SDS user, and he liked his, also.

The SDS has a user-interface box with a 'knob';  the knob is good, because
you can assign it to spark advance, or AFR, or other, and - never tune while
driving! (the usual warnings say).  This allows tuning with nothing but your
original installation - no external equipment needed.

Mike