EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 00:46:44 GMT 2000

Ahhhh! (columns!)

"93 Formula" gave more information on his UVEPROM erasing:

>. . . sometimes there is a couple of pages marked 00 but one or two
>"columns" of hex bytes appear with 01 wierd.

Hmmm, that seems to scream "stuck/shorted/open line!".

On the over-temperature part, if it was anything less than hot enough to
give you a second-degree burn, it ought to be fine;  you could look up in
the data sheet the exact option that you have, but an 'automotive' range
component can take a pretty high (to us Humans) temperature;  nothing around
your UV lamp is that hot, I hope - my Datarase isn't.

Mike