EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 16 06:41:48 GMT 2000

Donald,

Thanks for the input.  I have, for no obvious reason, a minor interest in
memory testing;  I just want to build 'nice' memory tests into a project,
next time.  If you have any good references on the subject, please suggest
them.  You are definitely correct about what I might call 'being careful'.

I said, "My whole point was "Can you _prove_ that you are really reading the
memory?".

This was just a guess at a first approach, and a socketing problem _is_ a
form of a 'open/grounded/shorted/stuck' bit (I argue!).

*The main good point is that he's got his memory erasing/programming!*

>Using 00 = 00, 01 = 01, etc isn't a good idea...

I concur, highly;  I was very careful to qualify the suggestion as "an
ultra-simple first stage" - it certainly wasn't production code (laugh
here!).  (But, then, who ever understands just what is meant in E-mail?)

I went on to say, "There are more stages, inverse patterns, combination
patterns, and stuff, but can you really read it/write it at all?"

I'd like to see some sample code or algorythms for thorough diagnostic
memory tests, but all I have is old (alright, _ancient_!) PC and AT BIOS
listings.  Something out of a commercial memory test would be ju-u-ust
right!

Mike