"Faking" an O2 sensor

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 16 09:00:28 GMT 2000

At 09:02 15/04/00 -0500, Dave & Irina Eicher wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm faced with the same problem time and
>again. I'm working on putting my 1998 z28 engine/trans (LS1/T56) into my
>1964 Impala SS. I will remove the Cats and will have to solve that problem.
>I've got bigger problems right now though. I sure do wish I could find a
>piece of software that would allow me to reprogram that PCM, like remove the
>VATS, adjust fuel maps, etc.
>
>I would think you only need to provide a voltage back to the PCM that is
>right a Stoch, no?

Lambda=1 is about 4% CO isn't it? the legal limit for Injection (catted)
minis in the UK is 0.7% CO. Presumuably the after cat Lambda is there to
check that the cat is working so if it is just a std lambda sensor surely
it will always be putting out a value 'lean' of Lambda=1 unless the cat is
working then it will be reading the same as the pre-cat sensor???

Or have I missed something? Does the lambda sensor after the Cat do
something else other than check to see if the cat is working?

I have no experience of this BTW....

Ade