Fuel Damper ?

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Apr 16 13:17:11 GMT 2000

Mike,

I can't answer your questions directly, however, I can quote from
the GM service manual:

"The fuel pulse dampener is installed between the fuel pump
and the fuel sender assembly feed pipe to dampen fuel pulsation
and reduce noise generated by the fuel pump. The fuel pulse
dampener is used with the roller vane fuel pumps only." (p.6C-4)

The roller pumps are only used for the port injection systems. The
GM TBI systems use a turbine pump that runs with a smooth
constant lower pressure, and no dampener.

HTH

BobR.