Fuel Damper ?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Apr 16 14:09:29 GMT 2000

I've had enough problems with leaking in tank dampeners in the shop
that I now replace them every time I put in a new pump.  There is no
positive way to ensure they seal, and there's been circumstances where
I've replaced the dampener with a piece of high pressure line and 2
clamps.  I haven't noticed any ill side effects, but it's not like
I've done this with hundreds of cars, either.  In my own car, I would
not be afraid to run without the dampener.
Shannen