Still looking for code

Mike Blakey mike.blakey at bae.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 23:21:01 GMT 2000

I'm still looking for some pseudo code for a A-B encoder.
I want to use this type of encoder instead of a 10K pot/ ADC input for TPS.
Does anyone have any experiance of using this type of encoder
for incrementing and decrementing a file/register ?

The encoder only has two squarewave outputs A and B, when rotating CW, A leads B
and when
rotated CCW, B leads A by 90deg.

The encoders are very cheep and dont require an ADC. But I want to use them direct
on the gas pedal with a CAN bus controller and drive a servo on the carbs.