New Saab Engine Tech

Doug Dayson djdayson at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 18 18:29:43 GMT 2000

Saab's concept is this...best engine efficiency (power and mpg) is obtained at
the highest possible compression ratio which of course varies with load and
combustion chamber temps...as well as intake charge temps and timing etc...

So with that in mind at low load and part throttle the engine can support much
more compression without detonation than it can at high load and WOT.

So much for a rigid block structure eh...(:>)

How to they balance this thing and curb vibration etc?

Interesting eh?

Doug