SBC 400

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Apr 19 10:14:55 GMT 2000

No verification on the bearings, but I've got a story about a 700R4
repeated front pump failure caused by excessive crank end play.  Poor
guy would make it about 150 mi between O'hauls, seems the 700s aren't
too tolerant of the converter disengaging from the pump tangs.  There
are aftermarket cranks available for the 400, that aren't too
expensive.  Look on the internet for Scat cranks for an idea about
price.
Shannen