What were they thinking?

Dan Plaskett dynastydan at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 21 22:14:26 GMT 2000

Carl,

The sticker on the e-prom is BUA 1728.  The numbers printed on the eprom are
014P 5DBB, 69300, and AC8647B.  For your reference this chip was originally
from a 1986 Corvette with iron heads, automatic transmission and a 3.07 rear
end.  Interestingly my original 1986 chip verifies out as a 27C128.  The
numbers on it are AANM 2770 on the sticker.  On the e-prom it has 16040581,
796    K, 5029 8604.  It is from an 86 Corvette convertible with aluminum
heads, automatic transmission and a 2.73 rear end.  I have another 86
Corvette chip that again has BUA 1728 on the sticker and this eprom is
identified as a 27C256 chip on the chip.  Other numbers on that
chip16069300, 27C256/5DBB, D 5012AP,U72541MSX.  Can't tell you what the
numbers mean except for the obvious.  Hope this helps somebody sometime.

Dan