Programming chip

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Apr 21 23:52:23 GMT 2000

I've tried it.  I am using 27c256 chips now for the 165 ecm's, and for
the 16k syty calibration, with no trouble so far.  I was using a
27c512 for a short time, until it met an untimely demise.

But don't forget that you need to load the file into the top of the
chip.  The easiest way that I've found is to use Hex Workshop to load
the original file, copy all the data, and paste it at the end as many
times as needed to fill the chip.  The trick with this is that your
editor will want to edit the lower set of values, while the ecm will
run on the upper set.
Shannen