Blow off valve control

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Sun Apr 23 15:04:51 GMT 2000

Chris Wilson wrote:

> To get around this problem I blanked off the
> fitting to the turbo inlet plumbing and
> removed the cross pipe. Now the exits of the
> 2 blow off valves simply vent to atmosphere,

I'm not familiar with the specifics of this application, but I do know
that you want to send the blowoff air back into the plumbing before the
turbos simply because it's a gain in efficiency. In some situations I've
seen a reduction in lag by aiming the return inlet the right way. Was
cool how that worked. The last turbo car I drove with any frequency was
an Eagle Talon TSi and with the bypass disconnected (blew up a hose when
it hit the downpipe, drove it that way to go fetch a new one) it acted
like it was missing a couple of cylinders. Very noticable on a low 13
second car ;) I don't even want to think about what would happen on a
Skyline.

How about getting rid of the molded tube and replacing it with flexible
rubber? It can be routed however you need to that way.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock