Blow off valve control

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 16:19:16 GMT 2000

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:42:32 +0100
Chris Wilson <chris at formula3.demon.co.uk> wrote:

chris> I am having a problem working out
chris> how to fix trouble with the 2
chris> blow off valves (dump valves)on a
chris> Skyline R33.

<snip>

A further thought. The air flow metering units are, as far as i know,
of the hot wire type, how will the system react to venting boost to
atmosphere? I am aware of problems with the swinging gate type AFM's
not liking sudden venting of boost and sending the mixture mad rich for
a few moments, what about the hot wire type? Or is sending the mixture
rich at gear changes / lift offs, a "good thing" in so far as it helps
cool things down? Funny how a simple job has so many
ramifications...:-)

Thanks.

              Best Regards,
                      Chris Wilson
           http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk
(Race car and engine preparation and development)