HUD RE: Digital dash

BOWEN, SCOTT M. (JSC-CC) scott.m.bowen1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 26 13:04:43 GMT 2000

I work on the HUD system used in the Shuttle Training Aircraft here at
Johnson Space Center.
We use a CRT into a 90 degree optics cell that magnifies from a 2" CRT
display to a 3" display shown on the combiner [the glass pieces in front of
the pilot].
The combiner is 2 pieces of glass with a holographic image sandwiched
between them that is a rose color to enhance the green images produced by
the CRT.

Scott Bowen
Bastard Motorsports Engineering

"The 'C' students run the world. - "Harry S Truman"