Old 486 Board for ECU??

Gavin gavston at sprockets.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 22:23:59 GMT 2000

>One boot solution is a memory device (eg Flash) that emulates a floppy or
>hard drive.  These are available commercially from the industrial PC
>suppliers.  Or, it shouldn't be too hard to hack the BIOS boot code to
>install your own.

A little while back when I got interested in all this assembler stuff, I
found a utility to have a look at you bios.  trouble is,..........I've lost
it!

This was the other thing that I was thinking, but then surely if I write it
into the bios I have the same problems updating!

maybe just a custom bios to suit this application.  That way, if there is a
problem with a hard drive not being there, I'll just take it out.(If only it
were that easy).

Keep the comments rolling in!

    -Gavin